Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I am from the metro east side of St. Louis
I am from peanut butter and jelly
I am from the studio comfort
I am from the lily of the valley
The oak tree up the road whose long gone limbs I remember as if they were my own.

I am from eating and athletic
from Charmaine and Pierre
I'm from diligent and focused and from spiritual.

I'm from evil and good and you know!
I'm from dancing
I'm from by the river and tall
macaroni and cheese and cornbread
From moving to Detroit to open a barber shop
and running like a horse
with faded pictures
in a large sack
kept tightly away

Antwan Anderson                    1.24.2012

2 comments:

  1. I thought yours was really creative, and well put together. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! thanks for sharing your memories.

    ReplyDelete